Postgres Problem

From: Nataraj <nataraj(at)cdxc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: feik(at)cdxc(dot)com
Subject: Postgres Problem
Date: 2000-08-18 21:28:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I am using postgres 7.0.2 in a web application with Perl and CGI. I had
created a database for the web application. I had to modify the database
by adding few new tables. I created the new tables using the "create
table" command. When I query the database for the data in the new tables
from the web application, it does not return any values. I also checked
the webserver logs. There were no error messages. But when I querry the
database using "psql" it returns data for the new tables as well as the
old tables. I double-checked my sql querries in my CGI application , and
there was nothing wrong, because if I copy and paste the SQL statements
to psql they all work and return data on the psql command line, but they
don't return data for new tables in the CGI application. I re-started
the postgres database server, re-started apache webserver. It still does
not recognize the new tables in the web application. Am I missing some
thing? I searched the documentation of postgres at postgresql.org site
and I could not find any documentation regarding this problem. Can you
please let me know If I need to run some command to update the database
server to make it to recognize new tables after creating them.

Thanks,
I really appreciate your help.
Nataraj