How to connect applet to different SQL server.

From: doug(at)dupreeinc(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: How to connect applet to different SQL server.
Date: 2000-08-17 23:13:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

This question is not exactly on topic, but I hope someone here can point
me in the correct direction.

I have a postgresql database on machine1 that works fine. I have a
applet served by machine2 that needs to reference the postgresql
database on machine1. how do I go about doing this? My applet works
fine in the JBuilder Applet viewer, but it will not run on the live
systems. I think this is because of a browser security violation, but I
have not been able to find a work around. Please let me know any
suggestions you may have on how to make this work.

Thank you for your time!

Doug T.