Re: Enables to call Unregister*XactCallback() in Call*XactCallback()

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Hao Wu <gfphoenix78(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enables to call Unregister*XactCallback() in Call*XactCallback()
Date: 2022-09-28 15:28:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 06:05:34PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yeah. Whether it's efficient or not, seems like it should *work*.
>> I'm a bit inclined to call this a bug-fix and backpatch it.

> LGTM. I have no opinion on back-patching.

I had second thoughts about back-patching: doing so would encourage
extensions to rely on this working in pre-v16 branches, which they'd
better not since they might be in a not-up-to-date installation.

We could still squeeze this into v15 without creating such a hazard,
but post-rc1 doesn't seem like a good time for inessential tweaks.

Hence, pushed to HEAD only.