Re: SQL guru needed

From: "Cesar A(dot) K(dot) Grossmann" <cesar(at)rotnet(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL guru needed
Date: 2000-08-05 14:40:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Felipe Alvarez Harnecker wrote:

> i wonder if it is possible to do something like
>
> SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE foobar IN ( 'some_regular_expresion1',
> 'some_regular_expresion2', ... )

Well, I'm not exactly a SQL guru, but I hope it helps you:

SELECT foo FROM bar
WHERE
foobar LIKE 'some_regular_expression1' OR
foobar LIKE 'some_regular_expression2' OR

Read the User Guide you can find in http://www.PostgreSQL.org/ - regular
expressions in SQL are a little different from the traditional regular
expressions you can find in UNIX or DOS.

[]s
--
César A. K. Grossmann ckant(at)usa(dot)net http://members.xoom.com/ckant/
http://www.halcyon.com/sciclub/cgi-pvt/instr/instr.html