Re: Changing Default date format

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "George P(dot) Esperanza" <george(at)calamba(dot)laguna(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Changing Default date format
Date: 2000-07-28 02:48:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> How do i change the default (ISO) date/time format to (Postgres) format?
> I need to 'SET DATESTYLE TO Postgres' for every session, is there a way
> to set this permanently?

http://postgresql.org/docs/postgres/x1137.htm sez:

There are several ways to affect the appearance of date/time types:

The PGDATESTYLE environment variable used by the backend
directly on postmaster startup.

The PGDATESTYLE environment variable used by the frontend
libpq on session startup.

SET DATESTYLE SQL command.

These should be sufficient. You can also adjust a #define in a header
file and rebuild Postgres. Look for something with "DATESTYLE" in the
include directories.

- Thomas