Re: Installation Report for powerpc-apple-netbsdelf1.5

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: prlw1(at)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk
Cc: "Henry B(dot) Hotz" <hotz(at)jpl(dot)nasa(dot)gov>, PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installation Report for powerpc-apple-netbsdelf1.5
Date: 2000-07-26 15:55:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> So, any chance of putting -rpath in?

istm that it would be acceptable to have --enable-rpath or something
similar available in ./configure.

I recall one big problem with this on my Linux boxen: g++ (and
presumably gcc) checks for the *existance* of the rpath directory during
the linking stage, and barfs if it does not exist. This is incompatible
with building in one place, then installing in another, which is
probably why package builders in particular conclude that it is The
Wrong Thing.

> > > Third problem: well actually the regression tests seem to work, mostly. > SELECT '' AS four, path(f1) FROM POLYGON_TBL;
> ! ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "("

Ah, I've been wrestling with upgrading my home machine (note: Mandrake
falls down if you have a SCSI-only system and try *any* kind of upgrade
:(( but I do have patches to fix this. Will commit asap.

- Thomas