TCL updates

From: Kyle <kyle(at)actarg(dot)com>
To: JanWieck(at)t-online(dot)de, JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: TCL updates
Date: 2000-07-24 17:00:06
Lists: pgsql-sql

Jan wrote:
> Beginning with Tcl 8.0, dual ported objects got used to deal
> with values. These have (amongst performance issues) alot of
> benefits. Changing all the call interfaces would make it
> impossible to use PL/Tcl with a pre 8.0 Tcl installation.
> Since we're now at Tcl 8.3 (the last I've seen), ISTM it's
> not a bad decision to force the upgrade.
>
> Comments?

Jan, I would support this upgrade. I think TCL runs much faster with
the dual ported calls, right?

I would also like to see proper support for nulls in TCL functions as
this has caused us some problems in the past.

BTW, any news on this: Is there a plan for a way to allow a FK
reference to a table without giving the user select,update privilege on
the referenced table? This is currently causing us some grief in our
design.

Kyle

Attachment Content-Type Size
kyle.vcf text/x-vcard 185 bytes