using OID as primary key

From: Markus Wagner <wagner(at)imsd(dot)uni-mainz(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: using OID as primary key
Date: 2000-07-21 11:47:43
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

are there any disadvantages of using OID as the primary key for any
table?
What about referencing external tuples using their OIDs?

e. g.:
CREATE TABLE thistable
field NUMERIC REFERENCES OtherTable (oid)

Which data type should I use to reference OIDs?

Will I run into problems later if I do my things this way?

Thanks,

Markus