Re: database in different location owned by different user

From: "Van Orden, Brad" <VanOrdenB(at)varentech(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: database in different location owned by different user
Date: 2012-06-04 10:51:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi, thanks for the response. There are only a handful of developers. They are using this same account to manage the current Sybase database. We are getting rid of Sybase. So, I just don't want to make this system unique. That is why I want the appdev user account to be able to manage/own the database. I'm not worried about "damage" to the database. The DB admin is in that group. It is their application. If they screw it up, they have to fix it. :) I'm OK with leaving the postgres account as the "master" database admin account, but I thought the "CREATE ROLE" was the proper method for creating a new user account?

SELinux is only running in permissive mode.

Regards,

Brad Van Orden
Varen Technologies
240-373-2671