Re: Stored procs: PL/Tcl only? Settable privs for them?

From: ryan <ryan(at)bel(dot)bc(dot)ca>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Stored procs: PL/Tcl only? Settable privs for them?
Date: 2000-07-11 18:04:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

> > 2) Is CREATE FUNCTION pretty much a logical equivalent to CREATE
> > PROCEDURE in other RDBMSs?
>
> I not sure how it is in other DBs, but a little differention is here; in
> current state is not available create routines that retuns tuple.

Stored procs can returns tuples... but I'd like to know when can a
stored proc return a set not just a tuple? I'd love to have stored
procs returning large record sets, or storing a huge query with multiple
set differences and subselects in a sql stored proc that way the query
plan can be done only once...

-ryan

--
Ryan Rawson