Mechanics of Update:Cascade

From: beyaRecords - The home Urban music <uzo(at)beya-records(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Mechanics of Update:Cascade
Date: 2004-01-31 10:50:03
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,
could someone please explain to me the mechanics of an UpDate:Cascade?
Delete:Cascade I fully understand but not Update. I have 2 tables A and
B. On B I have created a foreign key on user_id in both B and A for
Update and Delete cascade. If I delete from A it deletes all from B. If
I update A what happens in B?

many thanks