Re: Bug #490: Can't compile PostgreSQL 7.1.3 with Solaris 2.6

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: hrmitter(at)lsd(dot)franken(dot)de, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug #490: Can't compile PostgreSQL 7.1.3 with Solaris 2.6
Date: 2001-10-23 14:57:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs

pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org writes:
> Trying to compile postgresql under solaris 2.6 configure stops
> claiming about an unknown symbol "optreset". I wasn't able to fix the
> problem.

You misread it: the log shows that it's the test after the optreset one
that is failing. That test is just trying to compile and run a trivial
test program. The only reason I can think of for it to fail is if you
have a problem with the libraries that it's linking.

Without seeing the error message it's impossible to guess more than
that...