Re: pl/pgSQL development environment

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: stafford(at)marine(dot)rutgers(dot)edu
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pl/pgSQL development environment
Date: 2008-08-04 19:59:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Wm.A.Stafford
<stafford(at)marine(dot)rutgers(dot)edu> wrote:

> Using both psql and pgADMINIII I was able to load and execute this and see
> 2 as the output but I did not
> see the output of the RAISE statement. The RAISE output was not in the log
> file either.
> Where does it go and can it be redirected to stdout?

You have raised many good questions. This is one that I can answer.
To see "DEBUG' level logging, you have to alter your Postgresql.conf
file to specify that DEBUG level of logging be written to the log
files. If you were to raise EXECEPTION or NOTICE instead, depending
upon your log level verbosity, you will most likely see this level of
detail written to your logs.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.