Re: Select default values

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Giorgio Valoti" <giorgio_v(at)mac(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Select default values
Date: 2008-07-24 21:15:36
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Giorgio Valoti <giorgio_v(at)mac(dot)com> wrote:

>> Um - there is no default value for a function.
>
> Without this "feature" you have to overload
> the function arguments.

You could pass a casted null to the function. The would eliminate
function overloading. Then internally you could handle the null by
passing DEFAULTS to you INSERT or UPDATE statements. I don't know if
this would work for you in this case.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Visit the Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group (LAPUG)
http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug