Re: LAPUG April

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Matthew Wetmore" <m(dot)wetmore(at)secomintl(dot)com>
Cc: "Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group" <lapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: LAPUG April
Date: 2008-03-25 17:44:20
Lists: lapug

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Matthew Wetmore
<m(dot)wetmore(at)secomintl(dot)com> wrote:
> I can definitely host an April meeting. As far as topic/speaker I have
> a few ideas, but glad to accept a speaker with a topic.

Thanks Matthew for the offer. I think that it is important to have a
diversity of meeting locations since the general LA area is rather
large and can be difficult for some to make the meetings if they
always have to fight with long commutes.

> Although topics are interesting, I feel that it's more of a benefit to
> show each other how we use pg, and then let the members make suggestions
> or tips of similar situations.

I would like to hear more about what you have in mind. I think that
having sharing ideas, or getting some "hands on" experience would be a
great idea. If we decide to do this, I would like to really talk it
up, so that everyone that attends can be prepared to participate.

> I know I get bogged down in my own pg-stuff.
>
> I can also host a PUG-Server that has ether 8.2,8.3 so we can play with
> each other between meetings.

I appreciate the offer, this would really add a lot to the groups experience.

> If you have someone in April already, great...I can host anytime

I am not expecting to get a speaker. So far with my limited
experience with speakers, I am seeing that volunteers like to have
about 8 weeks to develop a presentation. If no one volinteered, I
was going to throw something together for a presentation. But having
a group session would really be a great thing to do instead.

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.