Re: Speakers and topics

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Roy W Bradley" <rbradley(at)fusiion(dot)com>
Cc: "Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group" <lapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Speakers and topics
Date: 2008-03-25 03:55:02
Lists: lapug

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Roy W Bradley <rbradley(at)fusiion(dot)com> wrote:
> Well I missed it - please let me know when and where the next meeting is.

You haven't missed it yet. The next one is being held this Friday
March 28, 7:00 pm. We are tentatively going to hold the next one on
the last Friday of the month of April.

As far as the location, I've seen offers made for a have the next
LAPUG meeting near LAX and another offer made for Cal Poly Pomona, but
I've haven't been able to make any definite arrangements with anyone
yet. If I am not able to find another location for the next April
meeting, I will ask Noel if we can use the facility that he works at a
second time.

> I have used Postgresql in a transportation application running on a hosted
> Linux box and my client access it via web services (mono) from a windows
> (winform) client. At sometime in the future I will move the client to
> ASP.NET running on my Linux server, again Mono for the Linux .NET stuff.

This sounds really cool! Perhaps in the future you might like to
demonstrate some aspect of your product that you find interesting.

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.