Re: Two questions in a row

From: Gilles DAROLD <gilles(at)darold(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: Two questions in a row
Date: 2000-07-06 07:50:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Renato Moutinho wrote:

> Hello people,
>
> I have two questions I would like to know if
> anyone can help me with:
>
> 1. How do you remove one of two identical rows
> from a pgsql table ?

DELETE FROM t1 WHERE .... wil do the stuff for you. If you don't know
the value into the duplicate field just export the database with pg_dump
create
a unique index onto this field and reimport all your data. Duplicate
data will
not be inserted.

> 2. How can I restrict connection to a certain
> database (locally) on a user basis ? I mean,
> I want to permit connection to mydb1 from user
> user1 only and connection to mydb2 from user
> user2 only..

See pg_hba.conf into your data directory, all is here...