oidvector problem, latest version- has read other oidvector notes

From: rob <rstodd(at)cts(dot)com>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: oidvector problem, latest version- has read other oidvector notes
Date: 2000-07-06 00:10:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am having the same problem, but I have 'make clean' and run the whole
installation gambit on the latest pgsql package, every single time I got
the same answer Undef'd oidvector.
Is there anything that may be missing from the package?

Rob
rstodd(at)cts(dot)com

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Did you do a 'make clean'?

Oops, my different installations are getting mixed up. My fault.

> > Just downloaded a completely fresh cvs copy. When I
> > do initdb...
> >
> > This user will own all the files and must also own the server
process.

> > Creating Postgres database system directory /home/pghack/pgsql/data
> >
> > Creating Postgres database system directory
/home/pghack/pgsql/data/base

> > Creating template database in /home/pghack/pgsql/data/base/template1

> > ERROR: Error: unknown type 'oidvector'.
> >
> > ERROR: Error: unknown type 'oidvector'.
> >
> > syntax error 12 : parse errorinitdb: could not create
template
> > database

> --
> Bruce Momjian | http://www.op.net/~candle
> + If your life is a hard drive, | 830 Blythe Avenue
> + Christ can be your backup. | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
19026