Re: Article on MySQL vs. Postgres

From: Tim Perdue <tperdue(at)valinux(dot)com>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: Article on MySQL vs. Postgres
Date: 2000-07-05 17:00:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Will you accept modifications to this if submit'd, to make better use of
> features that PostgreSQL has to improve performance? Just downloaded it
> and am going to look her through, just wondering if it would be a waste of
> time for me to suggest changes though :)

If you can figure out an algorithm that shows these nested messages more
efficiently on postgres, then that would be a pretty compelling reason
to move SourceForge to Postgres instead of MySQL, which is totally
reaching its limits on our site. Right now, neither database appears
like it will work, so Oracle is starting to loom on the horizon.

Tim

--
Founder - PHPBuilder.com / Geocrawler.com
Lead Developer - SourceForge