Re:

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: mgeffken(at)corcoranweb(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re:
Date: 2000-06-15 15:59:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Mirko Geffken wrote:

> Hi,
>
> although this is more of a general question I thought that the "Hackers" might now a better answer for this one.

> I am considering a recompile of my RPM installed postgres installation (since I am guessing it was not build using Pentium optimization (and possibly even other optimizations)).

No, the postgresql.org RPM distribution, for universality sake, is not
built with any processor-specific optimization -- however, the Mandrake
binaries ARE, and are mostly compatible with a RedHat system. You
didn't say _which_ distribution you are using, however.

You can enable the optimizations in your rpmrc files (/etc/rpmrc), and
do a rpm --rebuild of the source rpm to get processor-optimized
binaries. You will need a complete development environment to do so,
including the python-devel package and a working C++ installation.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio