Developer's snapshot docs

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Developer's snapshot docs
Date: 2000-06-14 15:31:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've fixed up the automatic doc generation on postgresql.org to do the
following:

Automatically cvs update and build all html docs
Put tarballs on the ftp site in /pub/dev/docs
Put tarballs on the web site in devel-corner/docs/
Unpack the tarballs in devel-corner/docs/{postgres,admin,...}
Post the log of the process to devel-corner/docbuild.log

Vince, could we update the developer's web page to point to this, moving
the info for the development docs from the normal user's docs page?
Also, can we move the "developer's bio" page to be reachable from this
new default developer's web page? Other info, presumably, would include
pointers to TOAST, etc etc.

Also, I've committed changes to get the docs to actually build; they had
accumulated a bit of markup trouble.

Things seem to run OK; I'd doing an end-to-end test right now.

- Thomas