Re: GRAM.Y help..............

From: Fredrik Estreen <estreen(at)algonet(dot)se>
To: Chris Bitmead <chris(at)bitmead(dot)com>
Cc: hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GRAM.Y help..............
Date: 2000-06-06 19:19:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Hi,

does your patch still work if you make ONLY a ColLabel and not a
TokenId, this would lead to ONLY not being a ColId and by that
removing all unresolvable conflicts in the grammar? This patch
against your gram.y does this. I have tested it with bison 1.27,
and verified that the conflicts are gone, but I have not tested
it for correct behavior in postgres. I did not have the time to
understand the whole grammar so I might have missed something
obvious.

Regards,
Fredrik Estreen

Chris Bitmead wrote:

> Can anyone help me remove the shift/reduce conflicts from the syntax? It
> works perfectly, but since you guys won't accept shift/reduce
> conflicts....

Attachment Content-Type Size
gram-only.diff text/plain 680 bytes