No offence..but..

From: Henrik Ridder <henrik(at)partitur(dot)se>
To: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: No offence..but..
Date: 2000-05-31 13:07:56
Lists: pgsql-general

I have now a program that works aginst a Postgresql. I have a wrapper
class that gets the query.
The sequence is like this in Postgresql

res=PQexec(conn, query);
value = PQgetvalue(res, tuple, col);

The problem is col because you don't know what kind of colunm the
program send into this class. And I don't want to specify it in the
program every time.

(Hope somebody understands this)
Now I am trying to do the same in Oracle with OCI. Do anybody know if
and how it could be done?

Henrik