Re: Problem with connectiong to postmaster (WinNT 4.0 SP6)

From: Dan Rosner <rosner(at)scn(dot)org>
To: David Löfstrand <davidl(at)surgical-science(dot)com>, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with connectiong to postmaster (WinNT 4.0 SP6)
Date: 2000-05-30 04:25:28
Lists: pgsql-ports

David Löfstrand wrote:

> I have now installed SP6a but the problem is still there...
> Can the problem related to the IPC package?
> I've compiled & installed cygwin32_ipc-1.03
> I think it's not likely since it should produce some
> ipc-errors as well, but you never know...
> I'm also using Cygwin B20.1, I have also edited the
> pgsql_dir/data/hba.conf so it contains the lines:
> local all trust
> host all 127.0.0.1 my.subnet.mask.number trust
> host all my.ip.number my.subnet.mask.number trust
>
> further I have created the /etc/passwd and /etc/group in cygwin...
> and generally followed the NT-port guide

Did you run postgres with a patched ipc-daemon? The unpatched daemon
has a
semaphore bug which causes spinlocks.

Try to use this one (patched and compiled) that Alexei Zakharov
pointed out to me:

http://www.s34.co.jp/~luster/pgsql/cygwin32_ipc-1.03-bin-patched.tar.bz2

Or search the list to find and apply the patch yourself.

Dan

--

Dan Rosner
Cascade Programming Group