template or index of some kind

From: Bernie Huang <bernie(dot)huang(at)ec(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: PGSQL-SQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: template or index of some kind
Date: 2000-05-29 16:21:20
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I have a situation where there are hundreds of inventories that needs to
be stored into postgres. And I am thinking of doing a template to ease
the track of those inventories.

Idea 1: each inventory may be an individual table, and the problem is
how can I keep track of those tables?

Idea 2: since all inventories have the same attribute, we can have a
template for the entire inventory, and every time each item is
retrieved, the info is filled into template. (This sounds like having a
table for 'item'.)

Please give me some feedback. Thank you.

- Bernie

Attachment Content-Type Size
bernie.huang.vcf text/x-vcard 315 bytes