Re: Speed of locating tables?

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Speed of locating tables?
Date: 2000-05-26 16:47:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Does this also mean that if you are using large objects that you really
won't be able to store large numbers of large objects in a database?
(If I am correct, each large object creates two files, one for the large
object and one for it's index.) If this is true for Large Objects, is
there any workaround? The application I am porting from Oracle will be
storing on the order of 1,000,000 large objects.

thanks,
--Barry