Re: Thus spoke SQL3 (on OO)

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>
To: Marten Feldtmann <marten(at)feki(dot)toppoint(dot)de>
Cc: Chris Bitmead <chris(at)bitmead(dot)com>, Chris Bitmead <chrisb(at)nimrod(dot)itg(dot)telstra(dot)com(dot)au>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Thus spoke SQL3 (on OO)
Date: 2000-05-22 19:18:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marten Feldtmann wrote:

> > Hannu Krosing wrote:
> >
> > It's not such a big deal really. When you do an OO model you don't need
> > to think about your own primary key.

I don't remember saying that, must have been someone else.

But it is true, you don't need anything but OID if you don't want to
distinguish your objects yourself but only need them to be distinct
for your program, i.e. yo have two cheques absolutely similar, except
that
there are two of them ;)

Hannu