BEGIN strange behaviour

From: luca(dot)ciciriello(at)email(dot)it
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: alessandra(dot)autunno(at)galileoavionica(dot)it
Subject: BEGIN strange behaviour
Date: 2007-11-22 13:10:49
Lists: pgsql-general
Hi All.
I've sperimented a strange behaviour using the command BEGIN and COMMIT in a
multi-threaded Linux environment.
In one of the two thread I use I've got the following message after
PQexec(myconn, "BEGIN;");

WARNING: there is already a transaction in progress

And after the command  PQexec(myconn, "COMMIT;");  (always in the same
thread)

I've got the message

WARNING: there is no transaction in progress.

After these warnings the elaboration is freezing when the next PQexec is
encoutered.

I have the same behaviour even if the second thread is operating on a
different table than the first thread.

The same commands (inside the same code) runs fine in Windows and in MacOS
X.

Any Idea?

Thanks in advance.

Luca.

 Sponsor:
 Prova 1bitmore Newsletter il servizio per creare newsletter in modo
semplice e veloce, senza bisogno di conoscenze di grafica o di
programmazione.
Gratis per 30 giorni!

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=7243&d=20071122

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Sorin N. CiolofanDate: 2007-11-22 13:19:06