Re: SQL command speed

From: Kate Collins <klcollins(at)wsicorp(dot)com>
To: mig(at)utdt(dot)edu
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL command speed
Date: 2000-05-18 20:46:57
Lists: pgsql-sql

Miguel,

I have re-run VACUUM ANALYZE. Unfortunately, it did not result in a speed
up.

Thank you for your suggestions and input. They have helped increase my
understanding of how it works.

I will wait and see if any body else can provide any suggestions or
insight.

Kate

mig(at)utdt(dot)edu wrote:

> Thanks for your reply; I am disappointed that it did not work the way
> I thought it would ...
>
> I suppose that you did VACUUM ANALYZE your table recently, right? If
> not, the stale table statistics may be playing a role too: do it, and
> try again.
>
> With this I have reached the outer boundaries of my "knowledge"; if it
> doesn't work out, I hope somebody else may be able to help. In any
> case, I would appreciate knowing more about your tests and the
> eventual outcome ...
>
> Miguel

Katherine (Kate) L. Collins
Senior Software Engineer/Meteorologist
Weather Services International (WSI Corporation)
4 Federal Street
Billerica, MA 01821
EMAIL: klcollins(at)wsicorp(dot)com
PHONE: (978) 670-5110