Undocumented feature in CREATE INDEX...

From: Jeffery Collins <collins(at)onyx-technologies(dot)com>
To: docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Undocumented feature in CREATE INDEX...
Date: 2000-05-18 18:25:39
Lists: pgsql-docs

While perusing the CreateIndex source and the parse table, I noticed
that CREATE INDEX supports a WITH clause. The only value that can be
specified in the WITH clause is "islossy".

So the following statement will parse correctly and will actually set
the 'isloosy' flag on in the index.

CREATE INDEX foo_bar_index ON foo (bar) WITH (islossy) ;

This isn't documented in the User's manual . It probably isn't real
important, I just thought I would mention it.

Jeff