Re: Corruption (Was: Re: Why Not MySQL?)

From: Ed Loehr <eloehr(at)austin(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: Mitch Vincent <mitch(at)huntsvilleal(dot)com>
Cc: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Corruption (Was: Re: Why Not MySQL?)
Date: 2000-05-03 14:46:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Mitch Vincent wrote:

> > As Don asks, what happened with the v7.0 trials you were doing? Corrupted
> > indices, I've seen occasionally in older versions, but I can't recall ever
> > seeing corrupt system tables ...
>
> I couldn't run the 7.0 beta on our production server. It was forbidden from
> "higher up"..

Hmmm. I wonder what would be the reaction if you showed your "higher ups"
the list of bug-fixes between your release and 7.0. It is a *very long*
list.

I loathe unplanned/forced upgrades, especially when due to reliability
problems. I was put in that position with pg 6.5.2 problems. But I have
been quite pleased with 7.0 so far.

Regards,
Ed Loehr