dllmain revisited

From: Juhan Ernits <juhan(at)suhkur(dot)cc(dot)ioc(dot)ee>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: dllmain revisited
Date: 2000-05-01 21:31:57
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hello!

Having read the postings by Sebastian Setzer and Dan Horák, it seems,
that this DLLMAIN problem is not only win95 problem. I have an NT 4.0
server box running with the latest release of cygwin (v1.1) and gcc
2.95.2 and I get the same kind of message about conflicting delcarations
of dllmain, when trying to compile PG7RC2:

> I got an error message, complaining that the declaration of
> DllMain in dllinit.c conflicts with the declaration in
> cygwin/cygwin_dll.h
>
> in cygwin/cygwin_dll.h :
> #define DECLARE_CYGWIN_DLL(Entry) \
> .... \
> int WINAPI Entry (HANDLE h, DWORD reason, void *ptr); \
> which should expand to :
> int WINAPI DllMain (HANDLE h, DWORD reason, void *ptr);
>
> in dllinit.c :
> BOOL APIENTRY DllMain(HINSTANCE hInst, DWORD reason, LPVOID reserved);

Has anybody a clue about the origin of this problem? Trying to remove
the conflicting declaration only makes things worse ...

Thanks,

Juhan Ernits