Re: BDR node removal and rejoin

From: "Zhu, Joshua" <jzhu(at)vormetric(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BDR node removal and rejoin
Date: 2017-07-10 21:49:02
Lists: pgsql-general

An update... after manually removing the record for 'node4' from bdr.bdr_nodes, corresponding record in bdr.bdr_connections, and associated replication slot (with pg_drop_replication_slot), rejoining was successful.

I was under the impression that there is no need to perform manual cleanup before a removed node (with database dropped and recreated) rejoining a BDR group.