Re: Connecting website with SQL-database.....

From: Joe Shevland <shevlandj(at)kpi(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Margarita Barvinok <brita(at)umich(dot)edu>
Cc: "J(dot)Post" <J(dot)Post(at)dtx(dot)nl>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connecting website with SQL-database.....
Date: 2000-04-17 23:09:22
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces pgsql-sql

As another alternative, Java Server Pages (http://www.javasoft.com/jsp) are
great if you're into Java as you can embed the required (JDBC) code directly
into your HTML (like ASP's but way way better IMHO) or alternatively package the
logic into JavaBeans (or components) that can be called from your webpages.

If you're ultra keen I can even post you some JSP's that demonstrate this...

Regards,
Joe

Margarita Barvinok wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, J.Post wrote:
>
> > I've been looking on the internet for 2 hours for information how to connect
> > my SQL database to my website. I didn't find what I was looking for, this is
> > my problem............
> > I have got a form on my site, that can be filled in by visitors. I want the
> > results automatically being written in my sql database, does anybody know
> > how to do this???
> >

> I've wrote C programs (CGI).
> I use embedded SQL for interface with database and POST method to get
> information from web.
>
> There are many free CGI scripts (C & Perl) on this website:
> http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_and_Scripts/
>
> I can share my programs but this is my first experience with CGI/Web/SQL,
> so programs are not elegant.
>
> -Rita

> Margarita Barvinok University of Michigan
> System Administrator II Department of Biology
> brita(at)umich(dot)edu

Joe Shevland
Principal Consultant
KPI Logistics Pty Ltd