Re: [SQL] Connecting website with SQL-database.....

From: Jim Caley <caley(at)chesco(dot)com>
To: "J(dot)Post" <J(dot)Post(at)dtx(dot)nl>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Connecting website with SQL-database.....
Date: 2000-04-17 16:22:15
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces pgsql-sql

One option is to use an application server (such as Enhydra, which is
Open Source). I recently put together a brief cookbook style tutorial
on getting Enhydra running with PostgreSQL. It should soon, hopefully
this week, be published on the Enhydra web site ( http://www.enhydra.org
), or e-mail me off-line and I can send you a copy.

After getting an understanding as to how to get PostgreSQL working with
Enhydra, you may want to go through their "Getting Started" tutorial (
see the bottom of the page at
http://www.enhydra.org/software/documentation/enhydra/index.html ). The
DiscRack example in the tutorial shows more specifically what you're
asking for -- how to use an HTML form to get user info into your DB.

Regards,
Jim