Re: Doc updates - pg_options

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-documentation <docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Doc updates - pg_options
Date: 2000-04-08 20:22:50
Lists: pgsql-docs

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Oliver Elphick wrote:
> > >
> > > I found there wasn't much documentation on pg_options, so I have prepared a
> > > self-documenting pg_options.sample which is attached.
> >
> > Thanks Oliver. Consider it added (with minor modifications) to the
> > RPM's, if it doesn't get put in the main tarball first.
> >

> It is in the tarball already.

Yeah, I got your message just shortly after Oliver's.

However, I'd like to see this installed alongside the other *.sample
files in PGLIB (and which initdb puts in PGDATA) (which I probably will
go ahead and do for the RPM, again, if you don't beat me to the punch
:-)). This late in beta, you may not want to do that in the main line --
for the RPM's, however, it is a simple matter for me to add an install
to pop it into both PGLIB and PGDATA. This is a _useful_
self-documenting sample. Thanks, Oliver!

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio