Re: a trigger that sends an email + returning multiple records

From: Richard <blackw(at)sfu(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: a trigger that sends an email + returning multiple records
Date: 2000-04-06 15:29:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Moray McConnachie wrote:
[snip]
> > But I don't really undertand the rest of the email. I do not need
> > a function that returns any record. It just must open the sendmail and
> > send an email. And it must be done each time a record is inserted on
> > a table.
>
> Sorry, the rest of the email was off-topic, but related to other discussions
> that people have been having on the pgsql lists in the recent past.
>
> "Incidentally" tends to imply that.
>
> Yours,
> Moray
> Moray(dot)McConnachie(at)computing-services(dot)oxford(dot)ac(dot)uk

I've just had a little chin-wag with Mr. Webster, and we both have come
to the conclusion that "incidentally" does not in fact imply "off
topic". We believe it means something more along the lines of
"subordinate" or "non-essential" to the topic under discussion.
Incidentally, Mr. Merriam is vacationing in the Bahamas and could not be
reached for comment. ;)

Cheers,
Richard