CREATE VIEW fix

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: CREATE VIEW fix
Date: 2000-03-07 16:14:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've got patches to fix the CREATE VIEW command to support SQL92
syntax for result column names, a la

CREATE VIEW (a, b, c) AS SELECT ...

It is an almost trivial fix, requiring the addition of a single field
in the View structure and a few lines of code in analyze.c.

I'll commit this at the same time I commit support for the SQL92
OVERLAPS operator, which will need an initdb anyway since there are a
few new functions in pg_proc. I believe that we have at least one
other patch coming which will force an initdb anyway, and I'll
coordinate with that.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California