Re: Commit fest 2017-01 will begin soon!

From: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Commit fest 2017-01 will begin soon!
Date: 2017-02-13 03:25:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2/1/17 10:39 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Many thanks to you for running the show. I think it might be okay if
>> one consolidated mail is sent for all the patches that are marked
>> "Returned with Feedback" or "Rejected" or "Moved to next CF". OTOH,
>> there is some value in sending a separate mail for each patch so that
>> people can argue on the decision by CFM for one particular patch, but
>> not sure if it worth.
>
> People tend to look at emails they are directly on in CC, that's why I
> prefer sending individual emails.

BTW, the app also sends email notifications to anyone named on a patch
(or at least I got notifications). Having a human spend time doing that
by hand seems pretty silly.

Since the app also knows about the email threads, presumably it could
send notifications to relevant threads as well.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)