Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC bind trouble with bigint

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byron(dot)nikolaidis(at)home(dot)com>
To: "Ken J(dot) Wright" <ken(at)ori-ind(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC bind trouble with bigint
Date: 2000-02-02 01:39:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Ken J. Wright" wrote:

> With Delphi 4/ODBCExpress 5.04 and psqlodbc 6.40.0008, this error occurs
> when opening a dataset that includes an int8 column.
>
> Project1 ee:dc ENTER SQLBindCol
> HSTMT 0x010b2138
> UWORD 3
> SWORD -25 <SQL_C_SBIGINT>
> PTR 0x011b7574
> SDWORD 0
> SDWORD * 0x011b75ac
>
> Project1 ee:dc EXIT SQLBindCol with return code -1 (SQL_ERROR)
> HSTMT 0x010b2138
> UWORD 3
> SWORD -25 <SQL_C_SBIGINT>
> PTR 0x011b7574
> SDWORD 0
> SDWORD * 0x011b75ac
>
> DIAG [HYC00] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver does not support
> this parameter (0)

I'm thinking this has to be an odbc 3.0 compatibility problem. The
default for odbc 2.x is that BIGINT uses a SQL_C data type of
SQL_C_CHAR. I tested BindCol and it worked fine. There is no
SQL_C_SBIGINT in odbc 2.x. Seems to me the odbc 3.0 driver manager
should bridge the gap and use an SQL_C_CHAR for the driver side.

So, I don't know what to tell you. I imagine you don't have any control
over the SQL_C_ data type, right?

Byron