Re: [GENERAL] how to use pg-connect ?

From: Sarah Officer <officers(at)aries(dot)tucson(dot)saic(dot)com>
To: "Ccile DESNOYERS" <cdesnoyers(at)lnet(dot)fr>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] how to use pg-connect ?
Date: 2000-01-26 18:07:14
Lists: pgsql-general

I would like more info about the pgtcl commands, too. In the
"Integrated Document" on the postgres web page, there's a list of
commands (chapter 49), but not detailed information. When I enter
pgtclsh, I can get a list of options. For pg_connect, I get this:

% pg_connect
pg_connect: database name missing
pg_connect databaseName [-host hostName] [-port portNumber] [-tty
pgtty]]
pg_connect -conninfo <conninfo-string>

This is fairly intuitive, but the pg_result command isn't as
obvious:
% pg_result
Wrong # of arguments
pg_result result ?option? where option is
-status
-error
-conn
-oid
-numTuples
-numAttrs
-assign arrayVarName
-assignbyidx arrayVarName ?appendstr?
-getTuple tupleNumber
-tupleArray tupleNumber arrayVarName
-attributes
-lAttributes
-clear

Is there a description of these options in one of the other
documents?

Sarah Officer
officers(at)aries(dot)tucson(dot)saic(dot)com