Re: Doc updates for index cost estimator change

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Doc updates for index cost estimator change
Date: 2000-01-24 15:12:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> There isn't (AFAICT) any existing documentation about how to make
> a new kind of index, which would be the proper place for it.
> May I impose on you to find/make a place for this and mark it up
> properly?

OK.

> Also, doc/src/graphics/catalogs.ag needs to be updated, but I have
> no idea how. (The amopselect and amopnpages fields of pg_amop
> are gone; pg_am has a new field amcostestimate.)

The primary graphics files should be .cgm files, but I see that we
only have those for one or two cases. The .ag files are Applix
Graphics files, which I use to embed the stuff into hardcopy.

I'll see about updating them, and committing a .cgm version of each.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California