Re: longfin and tamandua aren't too happy but I'm not sure why

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Subject: Re: longfin and tamandua aren't too happy but I'm not sure why
Date: 2022-09-28 05:14:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> wrasse is also failing with a bus error,

Yeah. At this point I think it's time to call for this patch
to get reverted. It should get tested *off line* on some
non-Intel, non-64-bit, alignment-picky architectures before
the rest of us have to deal with it any more.

There may be a larger conversation to be had here about how
much our CI infrastructure should be detecting. There seems
to be a depressingly large gap between what that found and
what the buildfarm is finding --- not only in portability
issues, but in things like cpluspluscheck failures, which
I had supposed CI would find.