Re: NaN/Inf fix for ECPG

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: Rémi Zara <remi_zara(at)mac(dot)com>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: NaN/Inf fix for ECPG
Date: 2010-02-25 15:37:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at> writes:
> Can you try whether the first patch (missing float.h from data.c)
> solves the problem? And together with the 2nd one? In that
> patch I fixed the order of float.h and math.h in nan_test.pgc,
> which is the opposite of the order found in e.g. backend/utils/adt/float.c.

> The 3rd patch is explicit about NetBSD/mips but it doesn't feel right.

The third patch is surely wrong. We don't need to do that in the
backend's instance of get_float8_nan, so ecpglib shouldn't need it
either.

I suspect that the ultimate cause of this is either one of the header
inclusion inconsistencies you found, or something associated with
not pulling in all the stuff that postgres.h does. port/netbsd.h
is empty though, so it's not immediately clear what might be missing.