Re: [ADMIN] Still having problems on compiling PostgreSQL 6.5.3 on IRIX 6.5

From: Richard NAGY <richard(at)presenceweb(dot)com>
To: Sarah Officer <officers(at)aries(dot)tucson(dot)saic(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Still having problems on compiling PostgreSQL 6.5.3 on IRIX 6.5
Date: 2000-01-18 09:18:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

Sarah Officer wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> I've only recently installed postgres, so I'm no expert, and I'm not
> an IRIX expert either. This is my disclaimer.
>
> I notice your hardware is a little different than mine. The
> compiler I'm using is:
> cc -version
> MIPSpro Compilers: Version 7.2.1
>
> Our system is using all default stuff from postgres. I didn't
> fiddle with the MK_NO_LORDER flags that are mentioned in the FAQ;
> the FAQ looks like it's out of date.
>
> When you reconfigured, did you make sure that stuff REALLY got
> reconfigured? I don't know much about autoconf, but I believe it
> will cache the answers it got the last time you configured and it
> might not *really* do its work if you configure again. At least, I
> had that problem once years ago with tcl/tk. I usually 'make
> distclean' (I don't know if Postgres has that target) or remove the
> config.cache file before reconfiguring.
>
> I've never seen the "No such feature exists" message from the IRIX
> compiler. Were there any warnings prior to the the errors
> indicating that include files weren't located? I've sometimes had
> syntax errors such as missiong brackets and semi-colons when an
> include file got lost and the system used default prototypes. Could
> you try turning on C++? Is your LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH okay?
>
> Here's what our template/irix5 file says:
> AROPT:crs
> CFLAGS:
> SHARED_LIB:
> ALL:
> SRCH_INC:
> SRCH_LIB:
> USE_LOCALE:no
> DLSUFFIX:.so
> YFLAGS:-d
> YACC:
>
> We have flex and bison installed (as opposed to lex & yacc).
> bison --version
> GNU Bison version 1.25
> flex --version
> flex version 2.5.4
>
> I'm just floundering around here (which is how I usually operate, to
> be honest :)). I hope something here helps.
>
> Sarah Officer
> officers(at)aries(dot)tucson(dot)saic(dot)com

Hello Sarah,

The versions of cc, flex and bison that are installed on my system are the same.

Actually, I'm looking for the LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I have
noticed that these environment variables were not positionned.

So, my question is : What is your "env" output ?

Thank you.
Greetings.

--
Richard NAGY