Forms too complex or to large in pgaccess?

From: David Conners <davidthewise(at)earthlink(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: davidthewise(at)earthlink(dot)net
Subject: Forms too complex or to large in pgaccess?
Date: 2000-01-14 21:29:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi all,

I'm using PgAccess v0.98, postgreSQL 6.5.1, tcl 8.0.3-20 on a RedHat
5.2 machine.

Is there a limit on how large a form pgaccess can create?

I've created a form that displays records selected from three associated
tables. While adding buttons to which would update the tables with
information changed by the user, I reached a point at which I could not
save the form. When I tried, a column the length of my screen is
displayed, showing what looks like a stack dump of the failed attempt to
write the form. At this point PgAccess no longer responds.

WHen I try to start PgAccess again, I encounter various problems, It
won't start and complains about abnormal termination, or it starts but
one or more of my forms are missing.

To recover, I replace the associated pga_forms file with a good backup
copy.

The two UPDATE statements I'm trying to add total 1787 bytes.

I can add one, or the other can save the form.
I can't find a way to include both and have the save succeed.

ANy help or advise is appreciated. I didn't want to burden the group
with big attachments, but if anyone would like to look at the forms
and such, I'd be more than happy to send them.

Thanks,

David Conners
davidthewise(at)earthlink(dot)net