Re: [INTERFACES] PgAccess

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Jim Wise <jwise(at)draga(dot)com>
Cc: Andrei Cenja <romtur(at)starnets(dot)ro>, PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] PgAccess
Date: 2000-01-14 18:16:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Jim Wise wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Constantin Teodorescu wrote:
>
> >> Why does that happen, since I use the same options I use from Linux ?
> >> Andrei Cenja, Bucharest, Romania.
> >
> >Seems pretty strange for two romanians speaking english on the
> >PostgreSQL interfaces list in order to help each other :-) but ...
>
> De ce? E mai bizarre decut un respons de un American in Romaneste? :-)

:-))))) Foarte bine Jim, ai nevoie de antrenament !
(Very good Jim, you need practice)

> >do you have the same IP address on the win95 as for Linux?
> >
> >Second idea: give full access for the whole class with trust to all
> >databases on the PostgreSQL server in order to check if it works!
> Also, it wan't clear from your original message, but can you connect
> from pgaccess under Linux? (you mention psql working fine.)

Yes, the Linux version on the same computer works fine (psql and
PgAccess)

After some messages, Andrei discovered that he set up Windows to get
automatically the IP adress from the DHCP daemon on Linux.
Now he put the IP address manually the same as on Linux and PgAccess
under win32 works fine for him now!

Best regards,
Teo