Re: [INTERFACES] hacked unixodbc driver..

From: Sergio Kessler <ser(at)perio(dot)unlp(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: "George Henry C(dot) Daswani" <gdaswani(at)odc(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] hacked unixodbc driver..
Date: 2000-01-08 18:52:38
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

is that nobody who hack the ODBC driver know how to make
diffs files ?

This is getting annoying, first the guy (from UnixODBC, I think)
who introduces itself on this list saying:

"Hey, I want write cvs access on the tree or I will make
a fork of the odbc driver ..."

without even asking who is the driver mantainer, etc ...
very, very polite ...

Now, there is Daswani, who say (more or less):

"I've hacked the odbc driver, you want the changes ?,
download this..." (the whole driver)

Please, people, this is not how the Open Source work, there
must be a _little_ more cooperation, if anybody will make their
own with the driver, things will go crazy, really crazy.

Just a:

"Hi, I've hacked the driver, the changes are ..., here is
the patch."

would be excellent.

btw, I would like to see Byron (the current maintainer) to say
something about their situation with respect to the driver
(last time he was a little complicated with their personal
situation, hope he is better now).

Sergio