Open Source Process

From: Uzma Khawaja <softwareenginer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Open Source Process
Date: 2008-02-25 19:04:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,
I am a student and doing a research on open source processes. I would be thankful if some one can answer few simple questions to help me in my research.

1. If someone wants to work on a feature or bug, is he/she required to get permission before working? Is he/she REQUIRED to join the community?

2. What tools do you use to manage the project (to track the progress, assigning tasks, manage the features and bugs, maintaining patches etc).

Regards,
Uzma Hameed
MS(SE) 3/4,
International Islamic University, Islamabad