Re: aggregate function ?

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: coder(at)montx(dot)com, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: aggregate function ?
Date: 2007-05-18 19:06:02
Lists: pgsql-novice

I found the typo in the query: by the way, it seems my version of postgresql is more verbose with
it error message than yours.
ERROR: missing FROM-clause entry in subquery for table "a1"
LINE 5: AND A1.data BETWEEN '2006-01-01' AND...

anyway here is the correction:

SELECT oid, concepte, deure, haver,
delta_sum + ( SELECT SUM( COALESCE( A3.deure ) - COALESCE ( A3.haver ) )
FROM Assentaments A3
WHERE A3.clau_compte = '0257000000002'
AND A3.data BETWEEN '2006-01-01' AND '2006-06-30' ) AS starting_Sum
--This was A1 but should be A3^
FROM( SELECT A1.oid, A1.concepte, A1.deure, A1.haver,
sum( COALESCE( A2.deure, 0 ) -
COALESCE( A2.haver, 0 )) AS value_sum
FROM Assentaments AS A1
INNER JOIN Assentaments AS A2
ON A1.oid >= A2.oid
AND A1.numero = A2.numero
WHERE A1.clau_compte = '0257000000002'
GROUP BY A1.oid, A1.concepte, A1.deure, A1.haver
ORDER BY A1.oid ) AS Summed_Assentaments( oid, concepte, deure, haver, delta_sum );